This blog is no longer being updated

For the latest content, please visit Swoj.com


Monday, October 02, 2006

New Music: New Project

We thought the blog would be an ideal way to keep you guys updated on what we're listening to but can't find the time to do a fully blown Grindaar review on, particularly any new music we've come across.

So to kick things off I've been checking out a band called New Project. Not many people have heard of them although they're not exactly new, but they are evolving their sound this year. They have a new EP out now called Primal.Logic.Slave which is pretty awesome. It's hard to pigeon-hole New Project and tell you who they are like, there are definite Industrial metal influences in there and there's something familiar about the riffs and vocals but I just can't put my finger on who they sound like, at a push I would say they're a bit like Filter and Static-X. But don't take that forced similarity as the final say, check them out for yourselves - you'll be able to listen to some of their tracks on their official website www.newprojectonline.com I don't think you'll be disapointed, I'd give them 8/10.

No comments:

© Swoj.com